Wednesday, May 13, 2009

OpenOffice 3.1 Stable, Thank You

On Monday night I installed and configured OpenOffice 3.1 for the whole City. Once again it was painless and I just had to make the change once. We didn't get ONE call about the upgrade and no bugs have been reported. I know that means that un-named people are QAing this behind the scenes. So my thanks to all of you.




The server is running as expected and user load rarely is going over 10%. The shot below is how it looks with 125 concurrent OpenOffice sessions running. I guess having a 4 CPU, Quad Core kind of helps. :)


5 comments:

D said...

You should remove the image as it contains legible usernames.

Dave Richards said...

Ok, updated the image and redacted the user names.

Unknown said...

Do you run OO with java enabled?

Dave Richards said...

We have Java enabled. It's my understanding that it's only used in a few small places. Performance seems just fine in all areas.

edujose said...

Nice that the transition was so smooth.

Out of curiosity, which icon set are you using? It seems to save a lot of vert/horiz space on OO.o's toolbars (unlike in Ubuntu's default Human icon set).